Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pillows for Piggies
I got busy and sewed some more pillows for my guinea pigs. This is not the first time they have had new pillows, so I find their reactions to be funny.
Okay, so the colour is different.
[Image: IMG_0749.JPG]
I think they are discussing what they think of them
[Image: IMG_0750.JPG]
They are really checking them out.
[Image: IMG_0751.JPG]
I have no idea what Rosebert is doing
[Image: IMG_0753.JPG]
Maybe he wants to see if they are the same colour on both sides.
[Image: IMG_0754.JPG]
I guess it passed.
[Image: IMG_0755.JPG]
So Robbie has to check them out.
[Image: IMG_0756.JPG]
Robbie decides the new pillows are okay.
[Image: IMG_0758.JPG]
Success, the boys like them.
[Image: IMG_0768.JPG]

Murray and Flora were not so easy. Flora wouldn't go near them or even look at them.
[Image: IMG_0760.JPG]
Murray actually spent time reasoning with her.
[Image: IMG_0761.JPG]
He must have said something because she went to check out the purple pillows.
[Image: IMG_0762.JPG]
They seem to like them
[Image: IMG_0763.JPG]
They are comfortable
[Image: IMG_0769.JPG]
Murray is trying to pretend that I didn't catch him sleeping on a pillow.
[Image: IMG_0770.JPG]
Flora likes them.
[Image: IMG_0771.JPG]

I am glad they liked them. It took them awhile.

In an odd twist of events, since Lambert's death, Murray has stopped visiting the boys. He lives with Flora all the time now. He really liked Lambert and it isn't the same without him. Also, Murray is getting older and he is finding it harder to jump in and out of the enclosures.
Of course this could change. Smiley4 Guinea pigs are unpredictable when it comes to relationships.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Great pillows, Catherine. The piggies reactions are priceless. Flora is always the cautious one, isn't she?
Murray must have decided that life suits him better with Flora now that Lambert has gone.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Lambert must have been the fun one and without him Murray is content to be with Flora. They have settled in and are quite happy together. Murray must be neutered. He has shown no interest in Flora as a female. You never know with rescues. We couldn't get information from their owner without letting her know that we were NOT going to be feeding the boys to a snake. I still want to run into her.

The boys are fine without Lambert. They have calmed down and Norbert sleeps in Lambert's spot and Robbie eats in Lambert's spot.
Guinea pigs do like things to stay the same. I am sure if I used different food dishes they would be scared of the food. Flora and Norbert won't eat a new food until someone else does. Having Murray in with Flora all the time is for the best. She feels safer.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine