Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cruelty of rabbit farming
I was unaware of how rabbits are farmed for meat. I guess I should have known that it would be "up to the standard" of other animal farming.

http://action.ciwf.org.uk/ea-action/acti...arded=true

It is shocking that they get away with the filth. The cruelty is sadly a standard for modern farming, but the total lack of hygiene makes you wonder how they can sell the meat for human consumption.
This is yet another area where change is desperately needed.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is just horrendous.
I am sad to say that I used to buy 'premium quality holistic' dog food for Misty, from a good company based in the UK, and its basic ingredients were rabbit and brown rice. I chose that because it is healthy lean meat for a dog. She was very fit and well on that diet, plus home-cooked food.
I used to wonder where all the rabbits came from....I wondered if people got paid for shooting rabbits and bringing them in. I could not work it out. The last couple of years I found out the awful truth. Can't believe I never knew or found out before....

Those poor creatures.
I signed the petition. Living standards for all farmed animals have to be improved. The other side of this of course, is that the constant antibiotics these animals will need in order to combat disease, makes eating that meat very unhealthy indeed. If they were kept in better conditions it would be a start.
I look at the health(or lack thereof) of many people around me and I look at the unhealthy conditions animals are kept in and I see a clear link. It might be impossible to prove scientifically, but common sense tells you there is a connection between unhealthy and unhealthy.

If we won't do it for the sake of compassion to animals, we should at least improve the conditions for the sake of our own health.

Of course unhealthy animal conditions means lots of profit to be made for drugs to keep them alive. Unhealthy people means lots of drugs to keep them alive.
There are no big profits to be made from the healthy.

How did we turn down this road?
Catherine

Yes it is becoming obvious that Nature will not let us get away scot-free.
Mother Nature is a firm believer in Karma, obviously.

If we want to be well as a species, then we need to treat other species with kindness and compassion.
Catherine