Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rabbits abandoned
It may sound crazy, but I think you have something with the "Amnesty Drop Off Day". Heck the library does it once a year!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I could use library amnesty drop off day. I once had a $30.00 fine. I paid it because it was my fault. The year I was really sick and couldn't go out, the library suspended any fines on my account and said to get the books back when I could.

Amnesty day at a shelter is a good idea. They also have half price adoption fee days and sometimes a sponsor will cover adoption fees for a month.
I suppose we will never know why the animals were abandoned the way they were. I hope the publicity will teach people to find other solutions to unwanted pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Some people are under the wrong impression about rabbits. They think if they let them go in fields etc, they will be fine, and revert to their natural wild habits. That isn't true. Domestic rabbits stand very little chance indeed if 'set free'. Their life expectancy is probably less than 24 hours.
They are not like wild rabbits at all, and either get eaten by some predator, or die a painful death.
People think most animals will survive if we set them free. It is not free, as you say, it is a death sentence. Rabbits are especially vulnerable, so are guinea pigs. Here the hawk would have them in no time.
People do not understand that a pet is a commitment.
I am on my phone and I have to run for the bus.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine