Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grumpy Cat visits Toronto
I did not know she was going to be here. So I missed my chance for a selfie with Grumpy Cat.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/08/...entre.html

It seems that a great many Torontonians were there to greet her. I think she only looks grumpy. I think that deep down inside she is a pussy cat.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Aww! She can't help her face!

I could see by her ears she was not quite relaxed. And I question the 'fame' thing to do with this cat, and any travelling included. Some cats travel well, (I used to have one who didn't mind) but many don't and would prefer to be at home.
I think I must be the grumpy one today! I don't think it's right to drag a cat round a country for photo shoots, etc. Neither should one cat receive so much publicity when there are thousands (millions?) of homeless cats needing love and attention.

I must be turning into a miserable spoil-sport. I suppose if some people enjoy doing selfies with a famous cat.....
No I have to agree, LPC.
As far as I see it, there is nothing wrong with a couple of photos initially, or even a You Tube video. Even that has some air of disrespect, although there is an amusing angle for humans. So long as it's left at that, people smile and move on.
But making a career out of the cat, and taking it all over the place like some kind of 'Celeb' and it being forced to sit around in different places while crowds of (probably noisy -there are few animals as noisy as humans!) -strangers come, pet it endlessly, take photos of it?? I don't think that is wise, fair or kind.
It does seem weird doesn't it. I think she has published a book of cat pictures and this is really a book tour. Book tours are tough on people so a book tour for a cat can't be too good.

I would rather have seen this co-ordinated with some kind of animal shelter adopt a cat event. As you say, there are many needy cats. Why give too much attention to one.

Some cats travel well, but this is extreme.

The cats face is too funny though.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine