Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia to kill cats with Poisoned sausages
Quote:It is irresponsible to kill cats with poison. The cats will suffer greatly, and the poison will continue down the food chain. SOMETHING is going to start nibbling on dead cats.

This happened with wolf kills and strychnine....some time ago. I have been trying to find out about it...
This is exactly what I was thinking about. The strychnine killed wolves, but it also killed little owls and many other animals for years. 

I agree with you that poison is a cruel method. There is no way to control the outcome. What if a cat eats just a bit of the sausage. Will it die slowly of the poison or just be very ill and much later die because of it.

Many animals that are not the intended target will also die. It is a solution that is going to cause more harm than the original problem.

I don't know how they can solve the feral cat problem. They do need to do something. Any solution needs to be humane and it should not put other wildlife at risk.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australia to kill cats with Poisoned sausages - by Catherine - 05-08-2019, 03:50 PM