Poll: Would you support a law standardizing fixing dogs and cats for non-licensed breeders?
This poll is closed.
strongly agree
33.33%
1 33.33%
somewhat agree
66.67%
2 66.67%
somewhat disagree
0%
0 0%
strongly disagree
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A standard for our pets' reproduction ability
I am glad you have opened the discussion It is a very important issue.

I would like to point out that our members are all around the world.
I can't speak for other countries, but in Canada I think this would be a provincial issue. I don't think the federal government has jurisdiction over it.

I have read your whole document. I can see why you want mandatory sterilization to be law. We are all upset about the huge numbers of pets that are killed each year. I volunteer with a no kill shelter and my guinea pigs are rescues. Many of my reptiles are rescues.(I take the physically damaged ones)

I agree that micro chipping is essential. It would get a lot of lost pets home quickly. Certainly sterilizing pets is so important and must be encouraged. I am not a lawyer so I don't know the implications of making it a law and therefore mandatory. I am not sure what the result of such a law would be if it was put into practice. If I seem hesitant it is because I know laws can work against us even if they have good intentions. The wording would have to be gone over carefully to be sure that it will have the desired result. I would think the law would need to be more general so it can be applied in a wider range of circumstances. Laws last over time so a law would have to think over what might be needed for the future.

I want to think this over. Anyone else have thoughts?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Abby's Law - 07-24-2015, 08:18 AM
RE: A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Catherine - 07-24-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Abby's Law - 07-29-2015, 02:56 AM