Poll: Would you support a law standardizing fixing dogs and cats for non-licensed breeders?
This poll is closed.
strongly agree
33.33%
1 33.33%
somewhat agree
66.67%
2 66.67%
somewhat disagree
0%
0 0%
strongly disagree
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A standard for our pets' reproduction ability
Hello, and a warm welcome to our forum! Smile

When I first glanced at your proposal, I thought it was basically a good idea. But when reading the points LPC brought up, that made me think a little deeper into it.
I used to always think ALL animal breeders should not be able to operate without a license and random unscheduled visits by animal welfare officials.
But of course it brings up so many 'grey areas' to enforce sterilisation by law, and to make breeding one's animal without a licence a criminal act.
And if that were the case -what about those pregnancy 'mistakes' which will probably always happen, even if the numbers are reduced. Yes, then that might encourage unscrupulous people to 'dump' or kill the pups/kittens. Even people who would normally not do that, may be reduced to it if heavy fines and criminal charges were looming!

I have horrible memories of a pretty 'decent person otherwise' (my father's Dad) drowning kittens at birth in a bucket of water. The semi-feral cat in question had another litter and I kicked up a fuss (age 5) until one kitten was saved. It became our pet cat. That happened in the early 50s. I would hate to see those days return.

Yet I feel you have something there. Maybe it needs just a little fine-tuning....

Messages In This Thread
A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Abby's Law - 07-24-2015, 08:18 AM
RE: A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Tobi - 07-25-2015, 01:57 AM
RE: A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Abby's Law - 07-29-2015, 02:56 AM