Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living With Wolves
Finally I had time to watch the video right through, undisturbed.
What an amazing project! I think what they did not only showed us a lot about wolves, it also proved something. They put human raised babies together and the proper wolf hierarchy still formed. It is innate in wolf nature to form such a structure.

No one has ever gotten such detailed wolf information before. I was not surprized by who became the Alpha Female. When I first saw that litter of puppies my first thought was that she would be the Alpha Female. She spent time alone as a young female, but the Alpha Female needs to be able to go off and have puppies. The other female was too much a part of the group to be the one to do it. That is my thought anyhow. The Alpha Male had his reasons for choosing her.

I love the fact that they are letting wolf packs spread across the western USA like that. We still have wolves in Canada. I have seen wolf tracks in the Rockies and I have seen a wolf crossing a mountain highway at night. There are wolves north of Toronto in the hills and woods.

Wolves seem to be the animal in the ecosystem that can keep things healthy. If only we could bring wolves back to all the places they used to live.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Living With Wolves - by Tobi - 12-22-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Living With Wolves - by Catherine - 12-22-2014, 06:01 PM
RE: Living With Wolves - by Tobi - 12-22-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Living With Wolves - by Catherine - 12-23-2014, 05:09 PM
RE: Living With Wolves - by Catherine - 12-27-2014, 05:46 AM