Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon
I have been rescuing disabled reptiles for years. Jonathan was missing one front food. Princess had the feet gone front and back on one side. Cole lost both back feet and one front one. Fox had no front feet and one back one was gone.
They all had full happy lives. It was hardest for Fox, but she was a good eater and was happy to live with the others. Animals do not mind handicaps. Jake Krinkle Snake never complains.

I think humans get upset because we do not like "imperfections". If I pet gets hurt no one will buy it. That is why the pet store gave me Pigbert and Lambert. If the new owners damage a pet, they will bring it back to the store and not want to see it again. That is why I have some of the lizards that are damaged.

Jake's owner really tried and hated to give him up, but he did not have enough experience to help Jake to thrive. In the early days Jake couldn't poop without help. He still can't shed without assistance.

I watch for the damaged ones so that I can give them a chance at life.
Who knows how much Henry can recover. I am going to do my best and he will have a loving place to live no matter how things go. Damaged pets deserve love too. I think they are often closer to us as pets because they need us so much more. I love my little broken children.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Catherine - 12-29-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Cibach - 12-29-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Tobi - 12-30-2014, 03:39 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Catherine - 12-30-2014, 04:29 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Tobi - 01-04-2015, 03:44 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Catherine - 01-04-2015, 06:30 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Tobi - 01-04-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Catherine - 01-04-2015, 07:42 PM