The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition to stop animal cruelty on UK TV show.
Hi all.

I signed this petition a little while ago, and I wanted to share it here aswell as it desperately needs more signatures.

In the UK, we have a show called "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here". It's basically a show where a small selection of lesser known celebrities are sent to a small sectioned off part of a jungle in Australia to camp there as a group - and during the show, they are supposed to do certain games/challenges to win prizes for them and the rest of the group to make their stay in the jungle more luxurious.

Some of these "challenges" are harmless ... simply things like the contestants swimming through a lake/walking across a rope to find a plastic star ect.

However, many of these "challenges" involve extreme cruelty to animals/small creatures who are trapped in boxes and containers where they are eaten alive by the contestants for the purpose of "making people laugh". Small animals are often filmed squirming to get away, as they are lifted out of boxes/containers and eaten. Along with this disgusting unnecessary suffering, other animals/small creatures who are placed around obstacle courses in the show to make challenges seem "scary" are often stepped/trampled on, sat on, and rough handled - the show literally treats these creatures as though they are stage props, rather than living beings.

Small animals being eaten alive / forced to suffer immense pain - should not be considered as a form of comedy/entertainment.

The petition below, is calling on the UK government to stop this type of cruelty from being allowed to continue as a form of TV "entertainment":
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/72440

"And ye harm none, do what ye will" ~ Wiccan Rede

Messages In This Thread
Petition to stop animal cruelty on UK TV show. - by Janay - 01-05-2015, 08:42 AM