Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep)
Quote: I just feel a tiny bit guilty because during my 'strange phase' I picked up the scent of a dog's pee, and could tell it had waterworks problems -maybe kidney.
A bit further along the lane I did see a woman walking a dog. I greeted them and yet said nothing about what I'd smelled. I didn't know how to..... I tried to engage her in general conversation about dogs/vets etc, and said something about catching kidney problems early if possible via blood test. And did say something about making sure they get regular blood tests. That was the best I could do. I bet she thought I was creepy!

That is always a dilemma isn't it. You knew something was wrong, but there was no real way to tell her. You did plant the idea so maybe later when she noticed something she would react sooner and get her dog tested.

I end up at a lot of funerals so I know the smell of grief. It can be really intense.
A number of the seniors I do home care with have some level of dementia/Alzheimer's. I really pick up the symptoms early because I know they are subtle at first. So who do you tell when you see early signs. Sometimes there are medications that can help. If not, it can still help to simplify things and get rid of things that are not being used. I could really help people, but I don't get to do it because people do not want to admit that something is wrong. They will pretend all is well until it is too late to help.

Maybe it is just as well that we have lost our extra powers/senses. We would be frustrated all the time because we would not be able to use them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep) - by Tobi - 02-08-2015, 10:08 AM
RE: Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep) - by Tobi - 02-10-2015, 04:26 AM
RE: Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep) - by Tobi - 02-11-2015, 03:06 AM
RE: Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep) - by Tobi - 02-12-2015, 11:21 AM
RE: Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep) - by Tobi - 02-13-2015, 04:17 AM
RE: Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep) - by Catherine - 02-13-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep) - by Tobi - 02-14-2015, 02:30 AM
RE: Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep) - by Tobi - 02-15-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: Unusual encounter....(dog&sheep) - by LPC - 02-16-2015, 07:12 PM