Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seizure Kitty, in need of Donations
Quote:Misty would have been food-aggressive. I know that for a fact. Although she trusted me and I never had any problem, she wouldn't have trusted anyone else messing with her food while she was eating. She would have growled and snapped. She was also dangerous with other small animals and cats, and although she tolerated children, and wasn't overtly aggressive towards them, she was very good at 'putting them in their place' much like she would have done with pups.
All those things would probably have made her 'unadoptable' if she had been in a shelter.
And she was the most beautiful, kind and loving dog.
The best pet you ever had was one that would have been unadoptable. It does make you think. People miss out on the best because they want a pet that fits some standard of perfection. Old pets are treasures with wonderful personalities and yet most people see old and do not see the pet for what it is.
Look at all the deformed and damaged reptiles I have taken in. Jake Krinkle Snake is definitely unadoptable. He is curled up on my lap right now and he is the sweetest little guy.
Pigbert the guinea pig was the best and yet he never really was able to walk. He crawled sort of, but he was the happiest little fellow. He always looked like he was smiling.

So should I rehome a 15 year old corn snake? If she really is female then I would have room for her. She is old looking and very sweet. If no one else takes her by Sat. I will probably bring her home.

Adopting and rehoming is like opening a surprize package. Whatever is in the package is already there. You get to discover it for yourself.
Look what a treasure Earl was for me.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seizure Kitty, in need of Donations - by Tobi - 04-24-2015, 03:55 AM
RE: Seizure Kitty, in need of Donations - by LPC - 04-24-2015, 06:45 AM
RE: Seizure Kitty, in need of Donations - by Tobi - 04-27-2015, 03:09 AM
RE: Seizure Kitty, in need of Donations - by Tobi - 04-28-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: Seizure Kitty, in need of Donations - by Catherine - 04-28-2015, 02:27 PM