The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteering aboard
Rainbow 
Hello dear fellow animal lovers,

My name is Sandra and I am planning my volunteering trip to Guatemala to take care of local animals.

Not all animals are lucky enough to be loved and taken care of, that's the reason why I want to dedicate my time and work to them.

Unfortunately, volunteering aboard nowadays is a little bit expensive. That's where you could come in.

Whole my life I have been a huge animal lover and I still am. I feel a deep connection and compassion towards to animals and I feel animals have to suffer so much because of us - not just dogs, cats, but all of them. I am from Estonia. I quit eating meat when I was 15. It was an issue at my family, because it was against the norms. I went to protest against circus acts and got threaten to get beaten up by the circus' owner. When I was a young kid and tried to stand up for a homeless dog, who was harassed by young crazy kids, they threw stones at me and hit. I have learnt recently animal circumstances in Guatemala, and I can't turn my back on this. I feel the urge to help and make the difference. Right now, I believe this is a perfect time to go because I have so much passion and fire and it's bursting inside me to get out and help the ones without the voice. Dogs and cats are not loved and respected as much in Guatemala as they are here. Dogs get beaten up on the streets just because they are animals, and there's no stop for it. My duties there would include daily care of animals, fundraising, small construction work and I can't wait until I can get my hands dirty!

I am collecting small donations via a fund raising site. Please contact me by PM for more details of my plans and how to contribute.

Thank you so much for giving your time to read.

Best,
Sandra

Messages In This Thread
Volunteering aboard - by misshelk - 07-21-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: Volunteering aboard - by LPC - 07-21-2015, 02:13 AM
RE: Volunteering aboard - by Tobi - 07-21-2015, 02:31 AM
RE: Volunteering aboard - by Catherine - 07-21-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: Volunteering aboard - by platy - 07-21-2015, 05:13 PM