Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cecil the Lion---dead at the hands of a hunter
Quote:That smacks of a certain type of affectation I call the "Pseudo-Indigenous-Person" rationalisation. Many people who state that they "have great respect for the hunted animal" or "pray for the hunted animal", are maybe just using a lot of 'new-age-speak' to make their acts seem less cruel and unnecessary. People who say things like that have absolutely no idea what it was like to live as a real "Indigenous person" maybe hundreds of years ago. This kind of thing is truly fake.
Maybe they think their affected middle-class words really align them with indigenous hunters of the past who had no choice but to hunt, for food, clothing and shelter? For a start, such people would never have hunted an animal for any reason other than survival necessity, and would not have killed any species they couldn't use for the above purposes.

You might have hit on the real reason for their hunting. They certainly act like they are some kind of warrior because they killed something.
They think they are one with nature and they are living a primitive survival life because they killed. They forget that they use high powered guns and trackers and all kinds of modern technology and conveniences.
These "hunters" know nothing about nature or the animals they encounter. The woman killed an old giraffe. You never deprive a herd of its experienced members.
They are like kids playing war games who think that their game experience is similar to what soldiers went through when they were called upon to defend their home and country. Real soldiers don't talk about what they went through.

Trophy hunters are rather pathetic creatures. If they were not so destructive I would feel sorry for them. However they are destructive and they kill beautiful creatures so I have no sympathy whatsoever.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cecil the Lion---dead at the hands of a hunter - by Catherine - 08-05-2015, 02:16 PM