Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets who don't want us to leave
They know exactly what they are doing. They are making us feel bad about making that choice to leave them behind!
And quite right too! I can kind of understand not taking a cat on hoilday or another animal....but dogs are simply designed to go with us, and have fun!

Oh and by the way....I was going for a walk last summer by the river, and met a couple with a camper van. Next to the van a barbecue grill was set up, and there was an open umbrella, standing on the ground. Under the umbrella was a comfortable cat bed, and two very chilled-out cats enjoying the shade and looking very content. Next to this was a small area fenced-in with netting and sticks positioned at the corners. In there were lettuce leaves, radishes, a water bowl -and a tortoise! A very happy tortoise enjoying his holiday by the river.

The human couple looked as if they loved each other very much. I stopped to greet them all, and they offered me a cup of tea. They said they always took their pets on holiday with them, and always had a wonderful time.
I asked if the cats had ever run away....they said they never had, and didn't think they would as they were getting on in years.
And of course, there are harnesses and leashes even for younger and more lively cats. All they need is training to use them.

Now that is a pet friendly holiday.

Who needs to get a flight to go thousands of miles away? What is wrong with a camper or mobile home and the open road?

I wouldn't have dreamed of going anywhere without my little sister Misty.

Messages In This Thread
Pets who don't want us to leave - by Catherine - 08-29-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Pets who don't want us to leave - by Cibach - 08-29-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: Pets who don't want us to leave - by Tobi - 08-31-2015, 03:35 AM