The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 years since Katrina and a new climate for animal rights
There is no doubt that even after ten years we all still feel the trauma of knowing that animals were abandoned to the storm often with lethal consequences.
Never again! Such an effort was made to save animals after the fact and people were so upset by their loses, that Katrina animal abandonment could never happen again. There have been laws and programs put in place to prevent this ever happening again.

http://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/w...ets-rights

The rest of the world has been watching and I doubt people anywhere would be willing to leave their pets.
I think an event on the magnitude of Katrina has been a wakeup call on many levels. As a pet owner I have thought about how to evacuate my pets. I am prepared to weather a blackout. City disaster plans take into account the needs of pet owners.
As sad as the loss of life was, it has not been in vain. As long as we keep alive the memory of what was lost to Katrina we can prevent animals and their owners from ever facing such a horrible situation.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
10 years since Katrina and a new climate for animal rights - by Catherine - 09-01-2015, 03:00 PM