Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 years since Katrina and a new climate for animal rights
It is always good to have thought out what to do in an emergency.
It sounds like you have a plan.
Fire would be a disaster for me, but I have pillow cases to put animals in. It would even work for the piggies, but the carriers would be better.

My biggest danger is a power outage in the winter. I have worked out a way to keep warm using hot water. If I fill enough small plastic bottles with very hot water, I can heat a small area. Using blankets and tents I can create a small area. As long as I can keep the animals above a certain temperature they will be fine.
Evacuation is harder, but I have a bin like yours and all the piggies would fit in it.

I think we are prepared enough to adapt to whatever emergency we might face. During the winter blackout in 2009 many people just went to work and left their pets in the cold. Some died, particularly reptiles. Lots of plumbing froze.

I think you and I are safe from hurricanes and floods, but theoretically a tornado could reach here. I doubt it, but I know to take cover and I know how to shut off gas, water and electricity for safety reasons.

I think we are as ready as we can be.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 years since Katrina and a new climate for animal rights - by Catherine - 09-04-2015, 02:59 PM