Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bios Urns
What a lovely idea. I have heard from quite a few people whose animals have passed, and sometimes they are unsure what to do with the ashes....don't know what tree to plant....etc. I think the idea of it coming in a 'package' will help a lot of people at a difficult decision-making time.

When I 'planted' Misty's body AngelHeart I had no idea what to put on her grave. I first put a pink rose in a bottle. The next day I planted a weeny little nasturtium which was about 6" high. Later I put in a Fuchsia, and various additions over the 3 years.
The first year that Nasturtium grew like I have never seen anything grow! From one seed, that plant grew to 3ft girth, and at least 10ft high! I had to keep going to the garden centre for bamboo sticks for it to cling to! The last bamboo stick I bought would not fit in my car, and I had to lash the back boot door with rope to get the darned stick home! Smiley4

It put out hundreds of flowers -red, yellow and orange, and became a 'Bee Centre". It also attracted butterflies and Dragonflies. It became a wonderful tribute to Misty.

It died when the frost came, but many seeds were collected, and now I have the great-great-grand-seeds of that original plant.

Messages In This Thread
Bios Urns - by Catherine - 10-16-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: Bios Urns - by Tobi - 10-17-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Bios Urns - by Catherine - 10-17-2015, 02:20 PM