Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween costumes for pets
Haha! Some of those costumes are definitely funny....but I doubt if the dogs agree! But I know some dogs are used to dressing-up and indulging their humans' sense of fun.

I know many dogs actually don't much like it and endure only for the sake of later, when the costume comes off....and there is food....or a walk in the woods!

I generally wasn't into putting clothes on Misty, except for her dog coats when the weather turned bitter cold, or terribly wet....and her "Dog-Trotting-Angel-T-shirt" after her surgery (alternative to the "cone of shame" -which she found unworkable .)

But I am co-leader on a dog's website, and in 2011 there was a pets' Halloween costume photoshoot. As one of the leaders I had to show willing, as many people were excited about the photoshoot and gallery.
So I made Misty a costume. I didn't want to dress her as a ghost, or witch, or devil...because she was so sweet-natured. So I made an "Angel" costume out of many collected bird feathers (for wings) which I sprayed gold and stuck into Blu-Tak, then stitched a band of cloth round that which went round her ribs and tied underneath with blue ribbons. Her Halo was made of a piece of gold cloth which I'd had since 1980s, and attached to her collar, wrapped with blue and gold, by a piece of wire. It took me a week to make it!

I put it on her to take the photo -and she shook! So I put it on again....and she shook again! Then I told her very gently that it would only last 5 minutes, and then we would go out in the field with the frisbee.
She stayed still -bless her heart, but had a sad patient look on her face. I took the shot.

Then the costume came right off, and we raced into the field!
It was worn for 5 minutes, then it was wrecked.
Here is a pic....

(October 2011. Misty. Angel From the Streets.)

[img][Image: Angel_of_mine.jpg] photo upload[/img]

Messages In This Thread
Halloween costumes for pets - by Catherine - 10-21-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Halloween costumes for pets - by Tobi - 10-22-2015, 02:42 AM
RE: Halloween costumes for pets - by LPC - 10-22-2015, 04:08 AM
RE: Halloween costumes for pets - by Tobi - 10-22-2015, 09:45 AM
RE: Halloween costumes for pets - by Catherine - 10-22-2015, 01:52 PM