Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday Pet Dumping.
There is no excuse good enough for dumping a pet.

There are sometimes reasons for rehoming a pet. We did take a cat once many years ago. All the other cats in the house had turned on her. They were friends of ours and they tried to make it work. They felt really bad about it and they brought her to us and she fit in with our cats. I know she missed her people, but she settled in with us and we made it up to her in so many ways.
So they had a reason that had to do with the happiness of the cat. She was so unhappy that the other cats turned on her and we could at least give her a peaceful life.

All the other "reasons" I hear are excuses. If you really can't keep a pet then surely you could place it in a home with a friend and visit enough to help with the transition. Animals who end up in shelters know they have been left there. Even a really good shelter is still a shelter.

An 8 year old guinea pig ended up at the shelter. I saw it on the web site. I wouldn't leave an old guinea pig like that at a shelter. I went right away to adopt it. Someone beat me to it. No one who loves animals likes to see an old pet like that end up at a shelter.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Holiday Pet Dumping. - by Catherine - 11-25-2015, 03:14 PM
RE: Holiday Pet Dumping. - by cathie - 11-25-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: Holiday Pet Dumping. - by Ruth - 11-26-2015, 07:22 AM
RE: Holiday Pet Dumping. - by Tobi - 11-26-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: Holiday Pet Dumping. - by Catherine - 11-26-2015, 04:57 PM
RE: Holiday Pet Dumping. - by Tobi - 11-27-2015, 04:00 AM
RE: Holiday Pet Dumping. - by Ruth - 11-27-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: Holiday Pet Dumping. - by Catherine - 11-27-2015, 01:29 PM