Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man hunts bear with spear and leaves it to die slowly.
Good point. He knew the wounded bear was out there and he did nothing to stop his suffering. He made no plans to deal with the animal if the spear just wounded him. It was a fatal wound, but still a wound that killed slowly. He was proud and boasting when what he did was an act of cruelty.

How was he able to get a permit for a hunt like that? I think Alberta does not have a law that says you can't kill a bear with a spear. I think that is because they didn't expect anyone to do it. They should have that law changed soon.

Canada needs to strengthen its animal cruelty laws. There is a new law being debated, but I think it is having trouble because hunters want to protect their rights. There is also some concern about the rights of slaughterhouses.

I am going to post some of the debate.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...EiwBmex8aw

I find it troubling that a member of parliament would worry about the phrase that refers to an animal being killed brutally or viciously and be concerned that it would cause problems for our slaughterhouses. It sounds like she wants slaughterhouses exempted so they can use brutal and vicious methods if they want. (she is from Alberta where the bear hunt took place)

The debate is troubling and the fact that the bill could well fail is  very disturbing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man hunts bear with spear and leaves it to die slowly. - by Catherine - 08-22-2016, 02:42 PM