Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thousands of animals sacrificed for Eid
In the end the kinder way will prevail, but it will take years. We just have to be supportive of the people who want change and we have to work to educate those who are caught in the old ways. The children may be exposed to the violence and in some way desensitized to it. They also may be sickened by it. There are other influences in their lives. People who respect animals need to work hard to get the message across to those who don't.

Towns and cities that have centuries old traditions of slaughter are not going to change easily. However as people move around the world and live in places where slaughter in the streets is not tolerated, they will be changed by their surroundings. Hopefully that change will find its way back to the more traditional areas. I wish the change could come quickly, but every year we do make progress. This year I found the article that does not support the slaughter and does encourage other forms of sacrifice.

I don't think the articles with pictures of blood in the streets are pro-sacrifice articles either.

I think we are fighting a battle against older more brutal ways. The whole world is trying to be kinder and gentler. It will take a lot of us living kinder lives to change the world, but I think it will happen.

If a bee can wear a hole in rock to make a nest then anything is possible.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thousands of animals sacrificed for Eid - by Catherine - 09-16-2016, 02:09 PM