The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Life Room
The Toledo Area Humane Society has come up with an idea to help stressed shelter dogs. The call it a Real Life Room. It is a room set up like a normal room in a normal home. This allows families adopting dogs to see them in a more normal setting. I also allows long time shelter residents a chance to have a normal moment outside of a cage.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

They are not the only shelter doing this. Shelters are recognizing that the shelter experience is hard on animals. Giving dogs and cats a more normal life experience while at the shelter helps them cope and increases their chances of finding homes. I know the local shelter I support has rooms for cats and many dogs and cats spend the day in various offices with staff. It is all done to help the animals find forever homes and leave the shelter experience behind as soon as possible.

It really shows that people are considering the feeling of the animals and trying to reduce the trauma of finding themselves in a shelter.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Real Life Room - by Catherine - 10-20-2016, 03:23 PM
RE: Real Life Room - by Tobi - 11-07-2016, 03:41 AM
RE: Real Life Room - by Catherine - 11-07-2016, 04:41 AM