Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Pet Cancer Awareness Month
It's good to have a cancer awareness scheme for animals. Sometimes when an animal is diagnosed it is already stage 4.
Many animals are very stoical about light discomfort or mild pain. So catching it early can be hard. And of course many cancers don't have any symptoms for ages. Any treatment -even natural -started early has a better chance.

We have to know what to look out for and ask for blood tests regularly, especially in older animals.

The incidences of cancer are increasing in both humans and animals. It makes me wonder why.

In the 'old days' when the air was full of toxins from factories, coal smoke, etc, people generally smoked everywhere, and inside buildings, nutrition wasn't that great for anyone and pets usually were fed scraps....the incidences of cancer were much rarer than they are today! Now whether that is because many didn't live as long, (so there wasn't time for the DNA to start copying 'mistakes') -or whether that was caused by some other thing, I don't know.
I have always felt cancer is an immune system error, mistake, or failure for some reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Pet Cancer Awareness Month - by Tobi - 11-10-2016, 03:58 AM