The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anger over stray dog in ambulance
This isn't an easy one....
In November 2016, an ambulance was called to 86 year old Mrs Wilding in Cambridgeshire UK. She was suffering abdominal pain (later found to be gall bladder trouble)

On their way with her to hospital, paramedics stopped along the road to pick up a stray dog who was wet, cold and apparently abandoned on a main road.
They asked the lady first, if she minded, and she smiled and didn't mind, as she liked dogs. But she was vomiting along the way, and the wet dog kept jumping up. The paramedics had to restrain it.

Her daughter is furious, and the NHS have been forced to write an apology. Goodness knows what has happened to the paramedics since....

Here is the full story:
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/loc...6-12428253

I wouldn't have minded one bit. If I was sick, a happy-to-be-rescued-dog would be all I needed to cheer me up and bring me some humour and the knowledge that I was in the kindest hands. I have been in the situation when I was taken to hospital in severe pain, and know a dog beside me would have been a lot of extra activity....but would have made me feel happier somehow.

But not everyone thinks that way....

A tricky situation! What was the right thing to do?

Messages In This Thread
Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by Tobi - 01-20-2017, 03:29 AM
RE: Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by LPC - 01-20-2017, 05:39 AM
RE: Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by Tobi - 01-20-2017, 06:10 AM
RE: Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by Tobi - 01-21-2017, 05:47 AM
RE: Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by Tobi - 01-22-2017, 09:25 AM