Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your pet will never stop loving you.
(02-16-2017, 08:58 PM)LPC Wrote: We found Forgy from a refuge (or you could say, he found us...). However, for months afterwards he would go crazy if we left him alone in the car for a few minutes - even just to put recycling items into a communal bin, where he could still see us through the window. He had been abandoned and was eventually found and taken (very thin) to the refuge. He is very happy in his forever home with us - but the old fears of abandonment do not disappear that quickly.....

Dear Forgy! He may always have that with him, even though he has learned by now that he is safe with you and Tamara.
Misty never forgot certain things from her "street life" either. I guess those old things do get embedded in their reponses. She was always very food-obsessed (food must have been her no.1 priority in her life before she came to me) I don't think her instincts ever got completely used to not having to scrounge for her food, or eat anything she could find at any time. Although she did relax more when she found out 2 meals a day were always there.
She also never wanted to let me out of her sight. In her old life with the drug addicts, I think she had got used to people wandering off and being untraceable for a while (thus no shelter or food.) As a result, she stuck to me like glue. It was quite funny at times, how she never wanted to lose sight of me even for a moment. She had to watch through the door when I had a bath. However she refused to enter the bathroom! Smiley4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your pet will never stop loving you. - by LPC - 02-16-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: Your pet will never stop loving you. - by Tobi - 02-17-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Your pet will never stop loving you. - by LPC - 02-17-2017, 04:49 AM
RE: Your pet will never stop loving you. - by LPC - 02-17-2017, 08:19 PM