Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
(02-26-2017, 06:12 PM)Catherine Wrote: Hamsters have tiny teeth, but they keep growing all the time. They need something like hard dog biscuits to wear them down. They eat chicken or beef or veggie biscuits, but not fish or cheese. They would gnaw on the biscuits for hours and they would leave little lacy looking bits behind. They never ate the whole biscuit. So dog biscuit day would be more "Hamster Dental Awareness Day". If they don't wear the teeth down they can become so long that the hamster can't eat or drink and starves to death. Good thing they really loved the biscuits. I actually ate a dog biscuit at the pet store when I was testing them out. I just wanted to test it with my teeth to see if it was hard.  When it crumbled I went ahead and ate it like I had intended to do that all along. It was still hard enough for the hamsters. My teeth are a lot bigger than a hamsters. The biscuit tasted pretty good. No wonder dogs like them.

I had no idea dog biscuits were liked by Hamsters, and no idea they are good for them!
I suppose home-baked "Hamster Biscuits" would work too. They would have to be baked really slow on a low light to make them hard as rock, but really good things for Hamsters could be included in the ingredients.

I once ate dog biscuits. I was 8 and had to go to the dentist that morning to have a tooth out. I was going to have a 'gas' anaesthetic so wasn't allowed any food, and all food had been hidden by my mother so I wouldn't eat anything.
I waited for her to go to the loo...then got in the dog's bed and ate 2 dog biscuits. They were pink and square, and tasted like dust. But I enjoyed crunching them up. The dentist asked me if I'd eaten anything and I said "Nothing except dog biscuits". He laughed and didn't believe me, so I got away with it.
I was very glad to get some human food two hours later, and had fish and chips to celebrate.

Messages In This Thread
Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day - by Catherine - 02-25-2017, 04:19 PM
RE: Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day - by Tobi - 02-26-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day - by LPC - 02-26-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day - by Catherine - 02-26-2017, 06:12 PM
RE: Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day - by Tobi - 02-28-2017, 09:58 AM
RE: Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day - by Catherine - 02-28-2017, 02:48 PM
RE: Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day - by Tobi - 03-07-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day - by Catherine - 03-07-2017, 02:12 PM