Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“The Adventures of Dr. Buckeye Bottoms.”
What I honestly can't understand is, wherever a documentary or film is shown (even on You Tube) money can be made from advertising.
People often think adverts are a nuisance. But that can enable a service to run for free. That is the method Classic FM (radio station in UK) uses. People who like that station completely understand and bear with the tedious adverts. They get a good station, and know that they do, and can put two and two together.

With You Tube videos, all that is needed is a short announcement or text before a film is shown saying "please don't skip ads, because that revenue is what keeps us running." I would certainly understand, and judging from some comments I have read on You Tube, others would too.

As for 'copyright' claims, I can understand that many are likely to be genuine. But sometimes the so-called 'copyright claimant' has nothing to do with the video, TV company, production company, script writer, musician, or anything else! And can be some random person from the Ukraine or somewhere, with a YouTube account! THAT I can NOT understand. What it is all about I can't say.

Sorry....just had to have a 'grizzle'. My late husband always used to say, "If there was nothing to grizzle about at all, you would find something!" Then we both had a good laugh about that. Smiley4

Messages In This Thread
RE: “The Adventures of Dr. Buckeye Bottoms.” - by Tobi - 03-11-2017, 02:14 AM