Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animals know they are going to be "next"
Quote:It is quite incredible that there has to be such a split between humans and other species. Animals are rarely honoured, respected or even understood by humans, with the exception of many- (I can't say all!) -dogs, cats and 'cute' furry animals, who often unfortunately are 'child substitutes'; though fortunately for them that means they are doted on.
Meanwhile the 'cute furry animal owner' often darent, or won't, give a thought to the sheep, pigs, cows, and all the others who are in abject slavery all their lives and terrorised at the end. Animals with at LEAST equal intelligence and capacity for suffering as dogs and cats.
(I'm sorry because I know that sounds quite bitter, but I had to say it.)

I think if we really understand what is happening we have to feel some bitterness and horror.

A young woman on the bus had a purse made from a baby ostrich skin. I recognize it because of the things we have posted.
I also saw a lady with a python skin bag.

I know both those animals suffered before their skins were ripped off to become purses. Knowing the truth means I feel very strongly about what I see. What kind of a person carries around the skin of a dead baby bird? Clearly one that doesn't care.

It is interesting that you stopped and talked to the sheep. When I am on a bus/streetcar/ subway train full of dead coyotes I find myself whispering a silent apology that they died to adorn someone's coat.

The way we ship animals off for slaughter is inherently cruel. They suffer terrible things during the journey. When they finally get there the end is even worse.

It is not just that we eat meat, it is the fact that we have become so cruel in the way we produce it.

I don't know why people think they are superior to animals, but they do. It is a questionable assumption when you look at how we treat animals. Would a "superior" being be so cruel to a "lesser" being?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Animals know they are going to be "next" - by Catherine - 03-24-2017, 02:36 PM