Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do therapy dogs need therapy
I thought it was a really interesting subject to consider. As humans we tend to focus on schedules and plans. We are not good at looking after human care givers. I don't think it had occurred to most people that dogs need care when they are working as therapy dogs.

I am sure dogs take on much of the stress, fear and pain of the humans they help. That is why therapy dogs are so effective.
There must be many times that a therapy dog is full of all the human problems that it can carry. That dog needs to find a way to recharge, rejuvenate and let go of the pain.

Watching a dog for signs of strain is good, but it would be better if they planned "dog care" into the schedule. We all need to plan
some self care into our days when we do things for others. Since dogs rely on us for their schedules and their care, it is our responsibility to give the dogs that care.

I am just glad someone has noticed the need and has brought it to the attention of others. Now maybe therapy dogs will get the help they need to keep on with their work and still stay happy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Do therapy dogs need therapy - by Catherine - 04-29-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Do therapy dogs need therapy - by Tobi - 05-01-2017, 10:35 AM
RE: Do therapy dogs need therapy - by Catherine - 05-01-2017, 02:27 PM
RE: Do therapy dogs need therapy - by Tobi - 05-04-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: Do therapy dogs need therapy - by Catherine - 05-04-2017, 01:27 PM