The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Dog and Cat Massacre
The Great Cat and Dog Massacre: The Real Story of World War Two’s Unknown Tragedy

We have mentioned the massacre of pets in England before on the forum. That is the only way I could have known about it.
This book is about the killing of pets at the beginning of World War 2, but it is not a description of what happened.
It more goes into what led up to it and how it was possible for people to react the way they did. It also examines what happened afterwards. Kean did some very detailed research for her book. If we are ever to understand the mass killing we need to understand what led up to it.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

It is an incident that has not been talked about much. In a few days 400,000 animals died. People rushed to kill their own pets. How has this been kept so quiet? How is it that both my parents were war veterans and were there and yet they never mentioned it once to me. My mother was involved in evacuating children early in the war. She had to have known about it. It is like everybody agreed to pretend it never happened.

I think this book is a good thing. We need to understand how people reacted the way they did. It is the best way to protect pets from ever being in danger again. I think the world would never react that way again. At least I hope not.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Catherine - 05-01-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Tobi - 05-05-2017, 05:30 AM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Catherine - 05-05-2017, 02:02 PM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Tobi - 05-07-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Catherine - 05-07-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Tobi - 05-10-2017, 11:52 AM
RE: The Great Dog and Cat Massacre - by Catherine - 05-10-2017, 03:09 PM