The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Moving Day, Don't Forget To Pack Your Pet.
Pet abandonment is a real problem. When people move they pack up all their things and that them with them, but they leave their pets behind. Two of my guinea pigs were left behind in an apartment when people moved out.
Home Hardware has partnered with the SPCA to produce and ad campaign to address the issue. It is a well done ad and hopefully it  will make people think.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I love the cat/dog shaped moving boxes. They send a message. Don't move out and leave your pet behind. If you really can't take your pet with you at least take it to a shelter where it can be cared for. My two guinea pigs were lucky they were found in time. A few more days and they might have died. Animals need food and water daily. Abandoning an animal leaves it to chance that someone will find it in time. Sometimes no one comes in time and the animal dies. They certainly are left scared and uncertain for the rest of their lives. No pet should go through that.

Let us hope the campaign in a great success.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
On Moving Day, Don't Forget To Pack Your Pet. - by Catherine - 06-20-2017, 04:28 PM