The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owner contests "dog in hot car" cruelty conviction
I really didn't know how to label this. A woman left her dog in a car and was gone longer than she expected(they always are) on a hot July day.  When she got back to the car the police had smashed a window and were trying to save the dog. Sadly it died at the vets hours later. We have heard this story before too many times.

She was charged with animal cruelty and has been convicted. This doesn't happen often enough in these cases.

Where the story gets strange is when the owner denies that the hot car killed the dog. She still defends leaving him in the car. She offers no other credible explanation for the dogs death.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/woman-convi...-1.3495869

It is bad that she left her dog in a hot car. Everyone knows now that hot cars kill dogs. There is no doubt about this.
Yet she still denies the possibility. If she gets another dog she will do the same thing. She accepts no responsibility for her actions. I don't even hear any sense of regret that the dog is dead. She is just not happy that she has been charged with cruelty.

Maybe she does need some jail time to wake her up. Or maybe she needs to sit in a hot car for a while.
It is bad that she defends her actions. It will encourage others to leave their dogs, because she claims it is safe. I wonder how many other dogs will die because of her actions.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Owner contests "dog in hot car" cruelty conviction - by Catherine - 07-11-2017, 02:33 PM