The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genetic link to dog friendliness
They have found a genetic cause for dog friendliness. It is similar to the genetic links to human friendliness.
So, we are more like our doggy friends that we realize.
It is this genetic component that makes dogs more friendly with humans than a wolf would be. Wolves will be friendly, but dogs take it to a different level. Dogs will react with extreme friendliness even with a total stranger.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/dog-fr...-1.4215907

I am sure they will need to study this more, but this is a real clue as to how we became friends with dogs in the first place.
Certainly we selected the friendliest dogs. That makes sense. What if those friendliest dogs wanted to be selected by humans and made sure that they were. The phrase "He followed me home" may be older than we think. Maybe the first child to say that lived in a cave. We are really lucky that dogs are so friendly to us. Now we are learning why. I would love to know what that first human/dog interaction was like. I doubt either party realized where their relationship would take both species.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Genetic link to dog friendliness - by Catherine - 07-25-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: Genetic link to dog friendliness - by Tobi - 07-28-2017, 04:46 AM