The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catherine's garden gets a wall.
Smile 
Perhaps I am stretching it a bit to call the wall art, but it is a work of art the way they are building it.
The garden has a lot of trouble with erosion on the lower edge and we needed a retaining wall. They decided to do a wooden wall. What I have seen so far is beautiful.

I had to spend a couple of afternoons moving plants from the lower edge to protect them.

[Image: scKrfsBHG7eJnXVWPt3toGZyjKykSrOgdB8Tf3K6...=w592-h275]

[Image: iq6kqbEEReDQZ-T1_NSm1U17TEAxQ2JrihtIi_kB...=w209-h275]Then they used a bobcat to remove soil and level the area.

[Image: DuRDagd8XAGipvWjV_--NQl2fLBq1PNYfgRWQnPd...=w155-h275]The edge had to be leveled before logs could go in.

[Image: bAuRnrF1Ez-YoiVfxJsLuIGp4MreNl1NNS-1i0g8...=w489-h275]They used sand and a level and did a very careful job.

[Image: YxajRC0oKWE5kvD2jTkpo9m1mKalMWqf25oklMQU...=w489-h275]The first log is in and they are preparing to put in the second.

[Image: r9XPMp0BKdbib978mBxIZChqIuRszf7ZOQOHMLDv...=w489-h275]Here there are two rows of logs in place. 

I think it looks good already. I had to go home at this point so I haven't seen the finished product. I think it is going to be beautiful.  They have ordered in mulch as well so I will be able to cover the garden in mulch. It will keep the plants from drying out and keep the roots cool.
I will get pictures as soon as I can. I think I will be there on Wed afternoon. I am excited about this. I have worked on this garden for years and the wall solves a lot of problems. The bobcat took out a ton of weeds while clearing soil. It is not the best way to weed, but it was quick. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Catherine's garden gets a wall. - by Catherine - 08-07-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: Catherine's garden gets a wall. - by Tobi - 08-20-2017, 03:42 AM
RE: Catherine's garden gets a wall. - by Tobi - 08-24-2017, 03:10 AM