Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campers free tangled Loon
I am sure the blackbird did okay. He got all the right help and was given a good recovery time.

I helped rescue an injured hawk. We were driving out of the Rocky Mountains and we saw the bird on the side of the road. It didn't seem able to fly, but it went down into the trees. I crawled through the trees to get near and distract him so my friend could throw my winter coat over him. Then I held him in my lap covered with my coat all the way back to Calgary. He was quiet and didn't struggle. We were able to turn him over to a wildlife vet. He had a concussion and had probably been shot at. There was a wound on the side of the head. He recovered and everything healed and he was later released to the wild.

We drove over 100 miles with the bird sitting on my lap loosely covered by a ski jacket and he didn't struggle and he didn't use his talons on my legs. He was quiet. I know he was injured, but he also seemed to know we were helping him. 
I remember it like it was yesterday. The ski jacket was lime green(what was I thinking when I bought a lime green jacket)

The campers who freed the loon will cherish the memory all their lives. They will feel good every time they thing of it.

I wonder how the dolphin killers feel. Every time they see a dolphin they will remember and not in a good way.
It will not be a story they will want to share with grandchildren some time in the future.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Campers free tangled Loon - by Catherine - 08-19-2017, 01:59 PM
RE: Campers free tangle Loon - by Tobi - 08-20-2017, 03:28 AM
RE: Campers free tangled Loon - by Catherine - 08-20-2017, 04:33 PM