The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Carbon Footprints
A UCLA researcher has started to look at the carbon food print our pets leave. In particular he was looking at cats and dogs.
It is a subject worth thinking about. How can we have our pets and still not leave a large carbon footprint.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/uc...-1.4277975

We need to change our lifestyles to reduce our carbon foot-print. It makes sense that we would have to make some changes in  our pet's lifestyle as well.  Certainly we could review their food to make sure it is ethically produced in a way that is sustainable. 
How we dispose of their waste is also an issue. Can we compost it or use products that are biodegradable. 

This is a whole new area of being ecologically responsible. If people respond and make it a priority there could be real positive results for the environment.  I am able to compost all my pet waste. I am sure the little poop bags that dog people carry could be biodegradable. Think of all the plastic that would save.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Pet Carbon Footprints - by Catherine - 09-07-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Pet Carbon Footprints - by LPC - 09-07-2017, 06:09 PM
RE: Pet Carbon Footprints - by Tobi - 09-08-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: Pet Carbon Footprints - by Catherine - 09-08-2017, 02:23 PM