Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 more Hurricane Harvey dogs to Ontario
Houston has a serious stray dog problem. The Toronto Humane Society already brings in dogs from other places such as Houston.
We fly them in from an over crowded shelter. If the shelter is not too far away they are picked up by vehicle. The dogs that came from Houston were brought up by the people who drove down there. Other shelters and organizations in Ontario take dogs from the USA and other countries.

Maybe we need to increase how fast we bring dogs to Canada. I wish they would have evacuated dogs before the hurricane hit.

It would be cheaper to euthanize dogs than move them, but there are groups who cover the cost and logistics of the moves.
I don't think there is any excuse for euthanizing dogs in shelters. There are places that want dogs and would be happy to have them.

I am hoping all the publicity about moving hurricane Harvey dogs will inspire shelters to ask for help moving dogs. We have room for lots of dogs in Toronto.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: 30 more Hurricane Harvey dogs to Ontario - by Catherine - 09-15-2017, 02:16 PM