Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month
I am with you. I would want to rip up the carpet  and have the hardwood. Carpet is so hard to keep clean. Dirt collects under it.
My carpet was like yours when I moved in, but there was a flood (not my fault) and my carpet had to be replaced. I like the carpet sort of. It is a tight weave. If I had it to do over I would want laminate flooring. It is so easy to look after. I don't like ceramic tile. It is cold. Maybe where you are cool tiles would be a good thing. I suppose dog claws could scratch hardwood and they might find it slippery. I don't know what the best flooring would be for dogs. No floor is perfect. They all have their pros and cons.

What ever you end up doing you will be glad to get rid of your carpet. When carpet starts to bubble like that it isn't nice to walk on. You can spend the winter looking at carpet choices so you will know what you want when the  time comes.  Choosing is fun. Having it installed is not so much fun. Removing the old carpet would be a step in getting a new carpet. Maybe the dogs will chew on it a bit and you will have to tear it up. Good luck with that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month - by Catherine - 10-27-2017, 02:26 PM