Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our houses are going to the bugs
Haha! That doesn't surprise me! People should perhaps stop trying to live the perfect, pristine, bug-free, germ-free lifestyles. (Well....within reason of course! Mud tracked into the bed by a dog is not so much fun.) Any amount of time living in the countryside, and especially off-grid, soon cures anyone of those ideas.

I know quite a lot of my bugs. Some of them even have names. Some are hurried visitors who are curious about me, but who are busy and don't wish to linger. Some have spent quite some time here. Spindly spiders, for example. I will have a mass eviction via jam-jar if it's nice weather, and will put them in the wood shed, but if it's winter or raining I leave them be. Spindly spiders mean no harm and catch whatever they need to eat. But they make messy webs. They are the untidiest spiders, and their webs start to look like a teenager's bedroom! Smiley4  So those get vacuumed every now and again.

I have a black beetle who visits regularly (not 100% sure he is the same one, but I call him "George" anyway.) He will stop to take a look at me, then trundle off.

Messages In This Thread
Our houses are going to the bugs - by Catherine - 11-13-2017, 04:09 PM
RE: Our houses are going to the bugs - by Tobi - 11-16-2017, 02:07 AM
RE: Our houses are going to the bugs - by Tobi - 11-17-2017, 11:01 AM