Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animals sacrificed at local fair
Quote:There are no "Gods" who want to drink blood and are going to reward us for giving it to them. Or at least, if by some chance there are....I really want nothing at all to do with them! Yuck. There are nicer places in the Spirit World!

I think by definition any being that wants sacrifice and blood is not a god. What possible use would God have for blood and dead animals.

Good links LPC. This whole idea of sacrificing animals  has been with us a  long time, but it was not part of very early humans. 
It is something we have come up with. It goes with ignorance and superstition.

The first article quotes someone as saying about the sacrifice "The ceremony has not changed and it will not change".

I would hate to say that about any part of my life. I should always be able to look at what I do and question it. If it is good then it will pass the test. If something is a superstition and cruel to animals I should be able to reject it. The idea that killing some other being will protect me is strange. How is that possible? 

It seems that humans over the centuries and all around the globe live lives bound by fear and superstition and guilt.
We create rules and taboos that we can't actually keep. Many of them we shouldn't even try to keep. We make ourselves unhappy and then we kill an animal to fix it. I hate to say this, but humans don't seem to be very sane on the whole.

If we would be more natural and at peace with nature we would be a healthier happier species. 
A lot of our diseases are autoimmune diseases. Our own bodies are not at peace with themselves. 
The sad part is that we have done this to ourselves.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Animals sacrificed at local fair - by Catherine - 12-16-2017, 06:13 PM
RE: Animals sacrificed at local fair - by Tobi - 12-18-2017, 03:05 AM
RE: Animals sacrificed at local fair - by LPC - 12-18-2017, 06:40 AM
RE: Animals sacrificed at local fair - by Catherine - 12-18-2017, 02:59 PM