The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raw meat diet can be dangerous for your pets.
There has been a lot of talk about the benefits of a raw meat diet for cats and dogs. There are now commercial products available that make it easy to feed raw meat.  But is it safe to feed raw meat?

Some veterinarians are warning people that there are dangers.

http://time.com/5101066/raw-meat-pet-dangers/

I can see why a commercial product would be dangerous. Before it reaches the consumer it passes through many hands.
Once we get it home we are less careful because it is a commercial product. We all know that raw meat must be carefully handled. Of course in spite of warnings many people do not handle raw meat safely anyhow. 

I doubt the raw meat that goes into dog and cat food is the best parts of the animal. It would be odd bits and byproducts of the human market.
If you were really committed to a raw meat diet you could by good quality meat and prepare it yourself. That would probably be safe.
The next question that comes to mind is whether raw meat is a complete diet for a dog and cat.
I don't think we know for sure yet. Studies are still being done. Raw meat has not been shown to be a super food that makes a pet well. The whole idea of raw food diet needs some rethinking.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Raw meat diet can be dangerous for your pets. - by Catherine - 01-14-2018, 05:57 PM