Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why aren't there more blue animals?
Quote:Periwinkle flowers are such a beautiful deep cobalt blue, as are forget-me-nots (more turquoise.) They all grow where I live.
Cornflowers are so lovely too.
But those are "pigments" which cause the colour I think, and not "structures", as in the video.
I think you are right. Blue flowers are actual blue pigments.  There are blue stones. I think there are a number of them in different shades of blue.

Blue is just not a common colour in nature, except for the sky. That makes up for it. That is a lot of blue.

If dogs see colours differently, I wonder what other animals actually see.  
It is odd that blue is caused by structures when other colours are caused by pigments.

You could get a temporary  blue dye in a subtle shade. You wouldn't want it to be too dark.  Blue black is very intense. You wouldn't have the colouring for it. A soft smoky blue would look interesting. It would wash out to a gentle shade.

My hair is purple and burgundy. The purple matches a dress, literally, I took the dress to the hairdresser and said match this colour. The burgundy matches half of what I wear. I figure once you hair starts turning white you can do anything you want. Once my hair is snow white I can really do anything I want. Olive green would match my eyes, but I understand it washes out to a less attractive shade.

Good thing none of my pets cares about colour. They all go by my voice and scent.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why aren't there more blue animals? - by Tobi - 01-26-2018, 03:56 AM
RE: Why aren't there more blue animals? - by Tobi - 01-27-2018, 09:48 AM
RE: Why aren't there more blue animals? - by Catherine - 01-27-2018, 03:46 PM