Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street animals and scientists
Quote:(How strange...I am sure I posted a reply to this yesterday, and it's not here!)
I have done that a number of times over the years. I think we fail to post the reply even though we wrote one. It may be a glitch in the software, but I my case I simply forget to hit post reply. I do it when I am really tired.

On a local level there would need to be more organization. Random scientists are only helping a few animals. I just wish the scientists would connect with the organizations helping street animals. If they are going to be in an area regularly then they could organize help for the animals who are attracted to their presence. Maybe they could arrange to bring supplies when they come.
They could bring veterinary medicine and vaccines. One suitcase each trip could make a big difference to animals who lack even basic rabies vaccinations.

We should have a global goal to eliminate rabies. I know it is in many species, but there has to be direct transmission. If we vaccinated enough animals in the world we could stop it from being transmitted. Scientists should be open minded enough to want to be part of a rabies elimination program.

It is just a thought.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Street animals and scientists - by Catherine - 01-25-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: Street animals and scientists - by Tobi - 01-27-2018, 10:05 AM
RE: Street animals and scientists - by Catherine - 01-27-2018, 03:58 PM
RE: Street animals and scientists - by Tobi - 01-28-2018, 03:52 AM
RE: Street animals and scientists - by Catherine - 01-28-2018, 05:17 AM