The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have lost my beautiful Pete
It is just coming up on the 9th anniversary of when I got Pete(she is a girl of course). She was almost ten.
I have had her since she was very young and I raised her. She was so small I had to feed her often. The moment I saw her I was in love and I though she was the prettiest snake I have ever seen. Her pale grey was almost lavender coloured.
She was always a fragile snake and I have had to baby her. 
This past few months I suspected she was dying. This past few weeks I knew for sure. I kept hoping that careful hand feeding and lots of love would pull her through. Sadly no and this afternoon she died in my hands.  She had a quiet death and I don't think she was uncomfortable. She sat with me a long time last night and other nights. So if my typing seemed off, I had a snake in one hand  most of the week.

Pete is the pale coloured snake. Sam is the orange one.
[Image: 0def_ffc0.JPG?c=1e05]

Pete and Sam were raised together and he was with her most of the time towards the end.  He is going to miss her. She was his first love. Sadly few of her children survived, but I do have one beautiful daughter and two new grandchildren. Her daughter is so like her in temperament.
Pete is gone, but she will never be forgotten. I suppose she joins all her little ones that were too fragile to survive.

I can't believe she is gone. I so much didn't want to believe it was happening. I just wanted a little more time.
[Image: GuLYuUMuAkrUxlhkT8q7ykc_CRzmoMeq_sKBmyOY...=w155-h275]This is the last picture I took a few days ago and you can see how frail she is.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
I have lost my beautiful Pete - by Catherine - 02-03-2018, 04:27 PM
RE: I have lost my beautiful Pete - by Tobi - 02-10-2018, 03:21 AM
RE: I have lost my beautiful Pete - by LPC - 02-10-2018, 05:04 AM
RE: I have lost my beautiful Pete - by Libby - 02-10-2018, 01:16 PM
RE: I have lost my beautiful Pete - by Catherine - 02-10-2018, 04:06 PM