Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barbara Streisand had her dog cloned
I  recognize death as a natural part of life. I think it makes me cherish life more and not want to waste it. I don't have an unlimited supply of life for myself or my pets or even my friends. I  don't fear the end of my body, but I recognize that it will come. I know from my pets that the spirit, lives on. Jonathan stayed with me a long time after death. Some leave quickly. 

I often adopt or rescue an older pet knowing our time will be brief. I get to share with them and make beautiful their passing from life. It is a special time and I cherish it. I want them to pass in peace and feel safe and loved. Death can be gentle and a release after a long life or a failing body.

Jack my black corn snake is moving towards death right now from cancer. He is resting quietly in my lap as I type this. I don't know how much longer we have, but we will use the time wisely.

I  don't need or want a clone. I think that is a direction we shouldn't go. I won't bring us what we want, our pet back. It will only bring frustration because the clone isn't our pet. It might even destroy the cherished memories of our pet by replacing them with a look a like that won't love us like our pet. Our pets grow to love us over the years as we grew to love them. How hard would it be to look at something like our pet who doesn't have a bond with us. It would touch every memory we have of that pet. A totally  new pet would create its own bond and memories.

Cloning her pet may have seemed like a way to keep the pet at the time, but I think she knows different now. If  she knew then what she knows now, I wonder if she would still do it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barbara Streisand had her dog cloned - by Catherine - 03-04-2018, 04:16 PM