Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next BIG step
I wasn't really looking to buy. I saw the Kenyan sand boa and thought heck for $55 with tub set up bedding and food I'll take it, but when they told me it was sold I was like eh that's fine. I was looking at rabbits and dogs too. Every time I look for red tail boas only breeders that are sold out pop up. So when she popped up I kept going back and started asking Kasey how he felt about getting one without actually giving away that I really really wanted to get her. Which previously I had said no snakes that could get to 10ft. So I surprised him with her.
I was super scared to ever trying popping so I was being very very careful. It didn't take hardly any pressure to check her. Renly was a bit more difficult to the point I was going to call it quits but he finally did pop for a second, long enough that I could compare. I could see how if someone who didn't know what they were doing or didn't use the right movement that it could really do damage. I've watched so many videos of popping that I felt comfortable enough to attempt it. Also I have small hands and being artistic I have really good control over my hands. An odd thing to boost considering what we area talking about. Once she gets big enough I still want to get her probed. Some palpate too. Which I tried that first but I couldn't tell. I figure as I get more familiar with what I'm feeling then I can do that instead. I'm just excited to see her grow. Depending on how well she does I really want to look into getting a cow retic.

Messages In This Thread
The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-05-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-05-2018, 03:58 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-06-2018, 01:50 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-06-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-09-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-09-2018, 01:55 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-09-2018, 04:27 PM