The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tragic loss of animal life in Siberian mall fire
We know that many people, children included have died in a mall fire in Siberia. Something I never thought about and just learned is the presence of animals in the mall. There was a children's zoo with over 200 animals. None of them survived.

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&ur...SWj7Pt8yOg

Clearly there was no real thought about fire safety for the people visiting the mall. I would hazard a guess and say that no one made an evacuation plan for the animals either. I don't know what kind in inquests or investigations will be taking place, but I hope one thing they will consider is the fate of the animals. No thought was given to their safety and they paid for it with their lives. 
The death of children is going to be the big thing considered, but that shouldn't lessen our concern for animals who were in human care and totally dependent on them. We put the animals there, we should have made sure they were safe.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Tragic loss of animal life in Siberian mall fire - by Catherine - 03-29-2018, 02:42 PM