Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tragic loss of animal life in Siberian mall fire
Quote:Catherine, I read on the BBC that it started (whether by accident or on purpose remains to be seen) by a child playing with a cigarette lighter in the children's area.

If a child started it then the child wouldn't have understood the fully what would happen if they were playing with a lighter.

I think the fire did spread rapidly, but the place should have been built so a fire couldn't spread. There also should have been alarms and sprinkler systems. I think they will find there were design flaws that let the fire spread quickly. It shouldn't be possible to lock a fire exit and they should be designed so that they can't be blocked. 

Places where animals are kept should have a plan to look after the animals if there is a fire or any other emergency. 

I had to look up the Manchester Dog Home Fire. I had forgotten about that. The fire must have spread quickly because they did an amazing job of rescuing dogs. The buildings were older weren't they?  The mall was new and should have been built to strict fire safety codes. Either that wasn't done or the safety codes were not good enough. Either way the loss of life, human and animal was unacceptable.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tragic loss of animal life in Siberian mall fire - by Catherine - 03-31-2018, 05:20 PM