The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High fiving cats!
Cats high fiving have been popping up on the internet. This is because there is a program called Cat Pawsitive that is making the round of the animal shelters. It is a training program that teaches cats in shelters to do tricks in particular to give people a high five with its paw. The idea is to make the cats seem more appealing to people and increase their chances of adoption.

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/pets/a...high-five/

It seems the program is working. Cats are getting adopted. Anything that helps a shelter cat find a home is a good thing. For a shy cat it might be just enough to get it noticed by a potential family. I admire the patience of the people who are training the cats. It must take a lot to get the cats to respond at first. 

The Cat Pawsitive is the brainchild of Jackson Galaxy, host of Animal Planet's show "My Cat From Hell".
I haven't actually watched the show, but now I am curious to see the person who can actually train a cat.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
High fiving cats! - by Catherine - 04-21-2018, 04:59 PM
RE: High fiving cats! - by Tobi - 04-25-2018, 01:18 AM
RE: High fiving cats! - by Catherine - 04-25-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: High fiving cats! - by LPC - 04-25-2018, 07:03 PM
RE: High fiving cats! - by Catherine - 04-26-2018, 03:35 PM
RE: High fiving cats! - by LPC - 04-26-2018, 10:35 PM
RE: High fiving cats! - by Catherine - 04-27-2018, 03:01 PM